“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.”
The 5 Love Languages has transformed countless relationships. Its ideas are simple and conveyed with clarity and humor, making this book practical as it is personable. You’ll be inspired by real-life stories and encouraged by its commonsense approach. reading this book feels like taking a walk with a wise friend. Applying it will forever change your relationship—starting today.
The Love Dare, the New York Times No. 1 best seller that has sold five million copies and was major plot device in the popular movie Fireproof, is a 40-day challenge for husbands and wives to understand and practice unconditional love. Whether your marriage is hanging by a thread or healthy and strong, The Love Dare is a journey you need to take. It’s time to learn the keys to finding true intimacy and developing a dynamic marriage.
The best-selling classic on marriage enhancement and divorce prevention, Fighting for Your Marriage, features the latest research and changes of heart in our culture and society.
* Based on more than twenty years of university research
* Learn how to talk more and fight less.
* Deepen and protect your friendship, and keep the fun alive.
* Create a more intimate, sensual relationship.
The Divorce Remedy illustrates practical ways for marriage partners to:
* avoid the “divorce trap”
* identify specific marriage-saving goals
* move beyond ineffective, hurtful ways of interacting
* become an expert on “doing what works”
* overcome infidelity, Internet obsessions, depression
* overcome sexual problems and midlife crises
* get your marriage back on track—and keep it there
A Lasting Promise: The Christian Guide to Fighting for Your Marriage offers solutions to common problems:
* facing conflicts
* problem solving
* improving communication
* dealing with core issues--within a Christian framework
Find strategies that help Christian couples improve communication, understand commitment, bring more fun into their relationship, and even enhance their sex life!
From the earliest years of his marriage, Paul Hegstrom handled his problems and frustrations the only way he knew how: with fists and fury. Talking about the problem only intensified his rage. Going into the Christian ministry didn't help either, the guilt merely magnified his despair. Facing a charge of attempted murder and a prison term, Hegstrom got the wake-up call he needed. With professional help and an intense struggle with spiritual issues, he began the lengthy process of healing and recovery.
Through a fascinating examination of the psychological components of various types of abuse, along with true examples from his own life and others, Hegstrom points the way back to wholeness and freedom. An invaluable aid for the man who batters, the woman who feels trapped, and the pastor, counselor, or friend who desperately wants to help them both.
Don’t be part of the “Where was this book when I needed it?” crowd! Learn how to:
* break destructive dating patterns
* ask the right questions
* judge character based on compatibility, relationship skills, friends, and patterns from family and previous relationships
* resolve your own emotional baggage
Getting Past the Affair: A Program to Help You Cope, Heal and Move On - Together or Apart
* Guides you through the initial trauma so you can understand what happened and why before deciding how to move forward.
* Offers support and expert advice from a team of award-winning couple therapists.
* Realistic tips for rebuilding your marriage and restoring trust.
* Effective ways to recover personally, avoid lasting scars, and pursue healthier relationships in the future.
If you’re pregnant, buy Becoming Parents: How to Strengthen Your Marriage as Your Family Grows!
It tackles very touchy subjects:
who gets up when the baby cries at night
the division of household tasks
and sex--all the stuff of everyday arguments.
Becoming Parents also delves into the larger issues of commitment, forgiveness, intimacy and the role of fun and friendship in happy relationships.
Parenting with Love and Logic will help you:
* Raise self-confident, motivated children ready for the real world.
* Parent effectively while teaching your children responsibility.
* Grow your children’s character.
* Establish healthy control through easy-to-implement steps.
* Avoid threats, nagging, or power struggles.
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood will help you:
* Respond to tantrums, meltdowns, whining and arguing.
* Enjoy more relaxed morning, bedtime and mealtime routines. * Handle misbehavior in public without extreme embarrassment. * Take the frustration out of potty training.
* Manage sibling rivalry without screaming.
* Set effective limits over technology use.
* Raise kids to feel good about themselves and behave responsibly.
Parenting Teens with Love & Logic will help you:
* Teach your teens about natural consequences to decisions.
* Stay connected to your children while watching them grow.
* Raise children to be strong and independent.
* See your children become respectful and responsible adults.
* Teach teens to handle mistakes as a learning opportunity.
* Set behavioral limits and encourage decision-making.
* Teach teens essential social skills to function in the adult world.
From Bad Grades to A Great Life helps you help your underachiever! In this book, learn how to:
* Avoid un-winnable power-struggles over homework and grades.
* Help children capitalize upon their natural strengths.
* Teach politeness, respect and personal responsibility.
* Build determination and hard work.
* Create a happier family.
The Whole-Brain Child offer a revolutionary approach to child rearing with twelve key strategies that foster healthy brain development, leading to calmer, happier children.
By applying these strategies to everyday parenting, you can turn any outburst, argument, or fear into a chance to integrate your child’s brain and foster vital growth.
What’s an explosive child? A child who responds to routine problems with extreme frustration—crying, screaming, swearing, kicking, hitting, biting, spitting, destroying property, and worse. A child whose frequent, severe outbursts leave his or her parents feeling frustrated, scared, worried, and desperate for help.
Dr. Greene provides a framework for understanding their difficulties, based on research in the neurosciences. He explains why traditional parenting and treatment often don’t work and he describes what to do instead. Dr. Greene’s model promotes working with explosive children to solve the problems that precipitate explosive episodes, and teaching these kids the skills they lack.
Is a willful little darling driving you to distraction? The New Strong-Willed Child is the resource you need―a classic bestseller completely rewritten, updated, and expanded for a new generation of parents and teachers. Challenging as they are to raise, strong-willed children can grow up to be men and women of strong character―if lovingly guided with understanding and the right kind of discipline. Find out what Dr. James Dobson, today’s most trusted authority on parenting, has to say about what makes strong-willed children the way they are; shaping the will while protecting the spirit; avoiding the most common parenting mistake; and much more. If you are struggling to raise and teach children who are convinced they should be able to live by their own rules, The New Strong-Willed Child is a must-read!
Mind Over Mood will help you:
* Transform your life with proven, powerful, practical strategies.
* Overcome depression, anxiety, anger, guilt, and shame.
* Set doable personal goals and track your progress.
* Practice your new skills until they become second nature.
Living with anxiety, panic disorders, or phobias can make you feel like you aren’t in control of your life. If you’re ready to tackle the fears that hold you back, this book is your go-to guide. You’ll develop a full arsenal of skills for quieting fears and taking charge of your anxious thoughts, including:
Relaxation and breathing techniques
Ending negative self-talk and mistaken beliefs
Imagery and real-life desensitization
Lifestyle, nutrition, and exercise changes
Popular Radio Host Shows Women How to Embrace God's Unique Call for Their Life
Drawing on her own hard-earned experiences, Larson shows readers how to overcome insecurities, busyness, and other obstacles in order to focus their gifts and passions on their unique God-assignment. With biblical insights and inspiring stories from a variety of women, this action-oriented guide will speak to every woman who has felt a nudge from God--from the visionary who wants to end poverty to the empty-nest mom who feels called to help the young single mother next door.
Christians often focus so much on being loving and giving that they forget their own limitations. In Boundaries: When to say YES, When to Say NO to Take Control of Your Life the authors show you how to set healthy boundaries which will give you the freedom to walk as the loving, giving, fulfilled individual God created you to be.
Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder
Do you feel manipulated, controlled, or lied to? Are you the focus of intense, violent, and irrational rages? Do you feel you are 'walking on eggshells' to avoid the next confrontation? If the answer is 'yes,' someone you care about may have borderline personality disorder (BPD)
This compassionate guide will enable you to: Make sense out of the chaos. Stand up for yourself and assert your needs. Defuse arguments and conflicts. Protect yourself and others from violent behavior.